Monday, November 3, 2008

Product Endorsement - Shark SuperSteamer.

I am not one to buy things advertised in infomercials, but after checking some reviews, I decided to buy a Shark SuperSteamer. The local hardware store was having a 25% off sale, so I paid about $34. It is about the size of a tea kettle. You place about a cup of water into it (they supply a measuring cup with a max line and a funnel). It has an extra long cord, with a 3-prong plug. After about 5 minutes it is ready to use. The longer it is plugged in the more pressure that is built up. I tried it on a few tough spots in the shower. After a few seconds the grout looked like it was new. I haven't used any of the attachments yet. It comes with a hose so you can get at difficult spots. The power spray also allows you to get at difficult spots.

I found it best to spray a 3 to 8 inch line, then wipe with a clean towel. Once the pressure decrease after use, it takes a minute or two to build up pressure. On a big job, I would suggest to have two task going. Spray and clean til the pressure decrease, then do something else for 5 minutes or so, then when you come back you should have good pressure. At the water goes down, it will take a little longer to build up pressure. When you need to refill it water you need to unplug it and wait fiver minutes. Release any remaining steam before opening the top. If it is still hot, the water turn to steam instantly, so make sure it is cooled down. When you are ready to add water, try just adding a drop or two to make sure it doesn't turn to steam.

Because it only uses tap water, it will probably save you money in the long run as you cut down the amount of other cleaners you need to use.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great but I'm from Missouri and you'd have to show me. You can bring it over anytime next week and clean my shower.
Seriously I will check into it.